Take your time today, but dont waste it. There is a very old and wise adage for carpenters that says
Measure Twice , Cut Once
If you do not heed this advice you may find out what it means!
When you are being scored using a rubric you should pay close attention to what will earn you points.
Follow directions carefully.
SIZE _____ X _____ X _____
What you need to do:
1) Read all these instructions before you begin.
2) Review the scoring rubric at the bottom of the page.
3) Get construction material.
4) Lay out full scale of your design on the newsprint and cut out pieces.
5) Clearly label all edges with the correct dimensions and position on the cardboard.
6) Have the instructor inspect your diagram for accuracy.
7) Cutout your diagram.
8) Tape the shape together making suer that the labels are clearly showing on the outside of the tank.
9) Clearly write the equation used to find the volume at the top of the tank.
10) Put the group members' names on the tank.
11) Bring the tank to the instructor before you begin to work ans say "We have finished step #1."
Correctly drawn Accurately measured Properly cut Neatly taped Correctly labeled Cleaned up mess TOTAL
Cleaned up mess
Return to the Fish Tank page
Return to Estimate Capacity
Learn how to calculate Volume