Use basic equation principles with the virtual Balance to find the weights of various figures. You are presented with a number of shapes and one of their weights is known. Your goal is to find the weights of the other objects by finding the relationships between the objects of various weights. This is achieved with a simulation of a balance beam to tell you how the weights relate.
- Choose a difficulty and the number of different weights to use
- Click New Game to restart with the selected choices
- The value for one weight will be provided
- Add or remove weights by drag and drop or by clicking the appropriate button.
- Try to determine the weight of each shape.
- When you think you have the right answer, click 'Check Answer'
- Placing virtual shapes on a virtual balance beam is presented here to allow students to learn basic equation-solving skills without the bounds presented by a physical balance beam.
- The students are able to solve balance beam puzzles with random weight on every try. The weights vary between selected puzzle modes.
- Gives 3 puzzle modes to test your skills on.
Original applet author: Pavel Safronov